Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Agua de Sandia (Watermelon Slush) - A Summertime Favorite



I'll be honest, I've never been a huge fan of watermelon. The flavor is fine, but I've never loved the texture. So I was amazed how much I love a good watermelon drink.  Agua de Sandia is one of my all time favorite summer drinks, and it is so easy to make.


If you have part of a watermelon that needs to be used immediately, this is a great way to use it up.  Scoop the watermelon out of the rind using a spoon, or my favorite, an ice cream scoop.  Place it in a blender with a bit of sugar (1/4-1/3 Cup) , and 10-14 ice cubes.  Blend on high until all of the ice cubes are ground, and enjoy.  It's such a refreshing summertime drink.

Agua de Melon (cantaloupe), mango, and pineapple are  also delicious. If you have extra drink, throw it in some popsicle molds, and enjoy the next day as a refreshing fruit-sicle.



1 comment:

Lea M said...

Yummy :)
LG lea
mycrazyworldasteenager.blogspot.de